Friday 19 February 2010

Good news all round!

:D Since the last time I blogged I have had brilliant news, in pretty much every aspect of my life..

Starting at the beginning, I went through the process of the IBM assessment day, and I pretty much ballsed it up straight away, I could tell I wasn't going to get the job when I saw the calibre of people there, most of them were super intelligent, not saying that I'm dumb, but these guys were like Oxbridge grads, and knew how to bullshit.

I did ok in my presentation, but it went super wrong during some random role play gig I had to do. I pretty much had to be spoonfed the info that I was meant to be giving :S Anyway, I could tell that I wasn't going to get the job, I think they kind of sussed me out, and saw that I shouldn't be working somewhere quite so uncreative!

So they left me hanging for 9 days, after 5 of which I got sent through an email from One2Create, a creative agency about a five minute drive from my house. They had found my CV and profile on monster.co.uk, and asked me to come in for an interview with my portfolio for a junior training scheme in their design dept. Obviously I was really excited, and said yes, and after the interview went really well, was pretty much rooting for that one to be a yes!

After a few days I got an email asking me to come for a second interview and was also given a task in the form of designing 6 logos and 2 adverts for a company that they had dealt with in the past. I really enjoyed the task, and I assume it showed, because I got the job! I was so happy, still am! It's exactly what I've wanted since I left uni, a junior position in a creative agency learning all the CS4 programs and CSS etc. I'll be learning graphic, multimedia and web design, which sounds brilliant. Seems like it all fell into place, and was the reason that IBM didn't work out! The other good thing about it is that I'll be working with Zach, as he works at One2Create too, which is spookily coincidental.

Everyone in our group managed to get RATM tickets too, so we'll all be going up to Finsbury Park on the 6th June for a free gig! As well as that, Zach and I have plans to go visit his family in Washington State in the Summer, and the gang are planning a skiing trip for this time next year, both of which should be awesome and do-able now I have a job! :D

Going for a thai meal tomorrow night with Zach, Vic and Lewis, so the boys can meet and get to know each other, I have a feeling they might be seeing a fair bit of each other :)

Oh, and I've been pretty productive with my drawing recently, so will be putting them up on my website or here soon......

1 comment:

  1. Ah Lib, I'm so pleased for you:) Glad your first day was good and I'm sure everyday this week has been full of new and exciting things to learn about!
    Also dinner was yum and it was a brilliant evening:)
    xvx

    ReplyDelete