Thursday 14 January 2010

New Year

So I haven't actually blogged about anything for ages, mainly because of Christmas, it being the worst time of year for me, it was the first anniversary of my mum's death on the 28th, and creative was the last thing I was feeling. So, with the new year settled in, I have been applying to all sorts of things, I found some people looking for artist graduates in the South who want to do an exhibition about home, and coming home after uni, so have been in contact with them. I am going to try and become a volunteer at a really nice gallery in Portsmouth, and I have some illustration work on the go for a company in London doing a bid for the British museum. All exciting stuff.

Along side this, I have been going through the graduate recruitment process at IBM, for a role in Information Development (considered their most creative role). I am at the final stage now, so all that is in the way from me becoming a corporate adult is a day long assessment centre where I have to take part in group and individual activities and do a presentation :O !

I haven't really made any work for ages, the last piece I did was this,
which I did in late October. Thats awful isn't it? I got a bit fed up with the whole process of making work for myself, and not being any better off for it. At the moment Claud and I are attempting to create 1000 peace cranes to release somewhere epic in memory of our mums. So far I have about 150 done. Need to get on that really.

No comments:

Post a Comment